What is D2L?
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a web-based course management system designed to create a rich online learning environment for students. D2L includes features such as an electronic dropbox, automated gradebook, discussion boards, and quizzes.
How do I log in to D2L?
- Open up an Internet browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Go to https://mansfield.desire2learn.com/ or to the Desire2Learn link under the Web Logins menu in the header.
- Enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD:
- use your Campus Services ID information to log in.
- If you are unsure what to use, access MyAccounts for login information.
What should I do if my course is not listed in the My Courses area?
Students - Check the following:
- Check your schedule in WebAdvisor to make sure you are enrolled.
- If you just registered today, please wait until the next morning for your accounts.
- If you still don't see your course, has the term officially started? If the term has not started, the course has not been made available in D2L yet. Not all courses will be listed in D2L, therefore, check the syllabus and/or contact the instructor.
- If you need further assistance, fill out our help/contact us form and we will reply as soon as possible.
Add Desire2Learn to your safe sender list in your email account.
To make sure any emails you receive do not go into the junk email folder, follow these steps.
In your email account under Options → More Options, there is a link for Safe and Blocked Senders. Click on it then choose Safe Senders. Enter @desire2learn.com and click Add to list > >. Also add @mansfield.desire2learn.com to the safe senders list.
Some helpful Tips for using D2L
- Get in the habit of using the links located on the navigational bar to move around inside your course.
- When exiting your D2L course, be sure to click on the Logout link AND close the browser window.
This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public lab.
- Mac users: Make sure you are using the most current version of either Safari or Firefox.